Sunday, January 16, 2011

First

So this is all pretty new to me.  I went back and forth over whether or not to do one of these things.  I mean how narcissistic am I to think people will want to read about the stuff I do?  The rationalization I came to (or tricked myself into) is that doing this will help me become a better writer.  The question now is why does a math and science teacher need to be a good writer?  It's always been something I've wanted to get better at and people say a journal helps.  Since my handwriting is horrible this seemed like a good idea.

The idea behind naming the blog Hall County Outdoors is one from when I was small.  I never understood why when we drove south we crossed the Flowery Branch City Limits sign and when we drove north we passed the Oakwood City Limits sign.  As a grew a little older and learned how to read a map I was confused even further.  My address says Oakwood but we're not in Oakwood I guess I live in Hall County.  Dumb right?  Yeah dumb.

Now that I'm older I am starting to appreciate Hall County more and more.  This place has just about everything you need.  Now this doesn't mean there's nothing outside of Hall County.  I've seen a lot of the U.S. and recently (3 years or so) I've traveled out of the country.  I wish I had started this ten or fifteen years ago when I had the opportunities to travel.  I guess now is as good as anytime to start.  Hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! And what a great topic - I'm excited to learn from a local :) Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete